July 15, 2009
.the real deal.


How I just discovered this band this very year is beyond me but I would like to thank my good friend Lionel for introducing me to these kids.

The Real Kids were a punk band from Boston who formed in 1972 (originally called The Kids).

Their first album was recorded in 1977 Self Titled of course.

I just ordered their 1999 release "Better Be Good" from my place of work. I scored the vinyl for only $9.90 no shipping. There certainly are perks at this job sometimes!

The album is 1977-79 studio recordings, alternate takes from the first LP and demos. I absolutely love this album and need you to have a listen!

The first and most popular track on the album is "All Kindsa Girls" (An upbeat powerpop danceable track that makes me happy)




I would have killed to see this show!


Checkout clips of the album tracks on Imeem or Tower.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment