March 19, 2010
.it was only 6 months.
You posses a collection of broken hearts
that should have inspired caution

I saw something different in your eyes that night
maybe the true beast that lingers under your surface

An open book always gets closed with satisfaction or regret
To do so in such a fashion as you, with no remorse, no sadness
All the kind, sweet affection turning to empty promises
And me lead astray once again

You held me under your wing and knew exactly where I was
To kill such a hope won't soon be forgotten

I will see your eyes looking into mine and feel your hands
cradle my face for what will seem like an eternity

I compromised myself and my beliefs because you were mine
all I wanted was to be in the presence of the person I thought you were

I will learn from this and never make this mistake again
You will continue on your path of self loathing and self destruction
Never finding any bird as loving or loyal as I.

Goodnight sweet love that never was.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment