November 23, 2010
.vitamin e.
This week was packed full of goodness. Several Jam nights at The Blue Door with some pretty talented musicians. I am trying to teach myself how to play the drums. So far I can carry two basic rock beats and of course SNL dogshow.

On Saturday night we went to a kick off party for the lobster season. We always make our own fun and initiated sock sliding on the newly laid hardwood floors, it became a competition to see who could slide the farthest then became a speed skating race. I will admit that this was the funnest part of the evening by far. We tried starting a dance party as always but no one was biting so we danced all night by ourselves.

Our DD (who shall not be named) ended up getting drunk and trying to drive home, we put the kibosh on that and ended up sleeping over. I accumulated a total of maybe 1.5 hours sleep and went to work for 9 am. Sundays are our busiest days.

Dwanye and Candice are such great hosts, smoked salmon and brie, puffed pastries, made us beds , got us up for work in the morning, clean towels for showers and offered to make us breakfast. So after we made it through the work day as much as we wanted to go home and crawl directly into bed we drove over and dropped off some fresh bread to our wonderful party hosts. Good idea L.

Sunday night we had another party at our place which went until 2 am with jamming , Wii dancing and youtube videos. Once everyone cleared out J went to bed and L and I stayed up dancing until 6 am. Meanwhile polishing off gin drinks, sambuca shots, homemade wine and a case of Olands. We were so drunk we could hardly stand but jesus christ could we dance! I proceeded to get the highest score on the game thus far and when we awoke the next afternoon we couldn't move.

Monday we went to a gala and hair show at the salon/spa. We brought our hair pieces and the owner allowed us to displayed them at the gala. The models were wearing the pieces and she talked about them in her speech and plugged our (unfinished)website. We will also be setting up a meeting to discuss selling in the salon. I was standing at the food table stuffing my face when one of the stylist asked me if I wanted to have my hair pinned up, sure why not. The owner then asked if I would walk the runway and model the style, sure why not. Apparently stuffing your face getting your hair done for free and walking for 10 seconds warrants a $75 gift certificate. L won the grand prize draw (a basket of shit worth $700!). They also had $12 nail polish BOGO that were labeled with ladies names. I had to have Mimi and Rachelle.

When dropping Erin off at home after the Gala we were invited into her and her boyfriends place which is a barn that was turned into a beautiful loft. They have a projector and a large white sheet with surround sound for movie nights and also one of the most amazing inventions I have ever seen. A program that takes any mp3 or streaming song or video and puts it on a vinyl for mixing purposes. I am doing a really terrible job of explaining this beautiful technology. I guess it transfers the time delays to the blank vinyl but it is not permanently etched on the vinyl so you can add as many songs as you want. I wish I remembered what it was called because I really got a tingle when he showed it to me. I really want to learn how to use turntables and DJ!

Next weekend there is a reggae show at the fire hall by my house (Verbal Warning) that I am super excited about. Although I have to work the next day and pretty much every weekend, we will be able to walk home so we can all have some beers and won't have to worry about our DD getting shitfaced. Asshole.














1 Comments:
Blogger Carie said...
Please post a video of you playing dog show, thanks bye.

Post a Comment